Thursday, 31 January 2013
Monday, 28 January 2013
Tuesday, 22 January 2013
Monday, 24 December 2012
Varieties such as almonds and walnuts contain a generous helping of healthy fats, vitamins, and protein that benefit cardiovascular and brain health. Nuts are also high in compounds that ease inflammation.
How to eat.
Snack on 1/4 to 1/2 cup of nuts, preferably almonds or walnuts, four to five times a week.
Tuesday, 18 December 2012
Tomatoes contain lycopene, an antioxidant compound that helps maintain youthful skin texture and may reduce the risk of some types of cancer (especially prostate, lung, and stomach cancers) and heart disease.
How to Eat
For lycopene content, go for cooked tomatoes (in sauces and pastes) rather than raw. The cooking process creates a more concentrated source of this nutrient.
Monday, 17 December 2012
Relax. Refresh. Rejuvenate
The long, hard days of work makes you look for a source of refreshment where you can soothe your tired body and calm those nerves. Many times, you think to escape, but your daily schedule doesn’t allow you to. The desires of making a short trip to Himalayas, where you can relax and refresh yourself in the lush green surroundings grow out of date. What you need is a place where you can purely unwind and rejuvenate the body and mind.
So what to do?
This allows an introduction to SPA and its related treatments. The healing powers of SPA therapies have been hailed from the ancient times. It de-stresses our mind, body and soul. It helps to give the much needed ‘me time’ which is essential with our hectic, fast paced lifestyles.
Health Village, being one-of-a-kind health center based in Noida, aims at providing an array of health and fitness services under a single roof. The center provides range of SPA services ranging from Swedish therapies to Body wraps. The SPA treatments are specially designed to suit the purpose of relaxation and rejuvenation. The vast range of treatments will leave you fresh and ready to face the challenges of everyday life.
In this day and age where stress looms every second, we want to escape to a different world every so often. The need to get away and shut off from external stimulation is becoming an increasing reality.
So how to make these desires come true? A short trip to the Himalayas to de-stress will take time, money and effort. This is where SPA can be a blessing; a place where we can switch off, relax, recharge and reflect to our inner self.
The healing powers of SPA therapies have been expounded on since ancient times. SPA and ancient therapies are thus intrinsically connected and provide an inspiring health-promoting experience. Going to a SPA can help us cope better with stress. As experts say, SPA treatments help with stress reduction and relief, soothing sore joints and muscles, giving a simple replenished feeling.
With services that focus on de-stressing the mind, body and spirit, the benefits of a spa vacation go beyond mere relaxation and beautification.
- enhances spiritual awareness
- increases the body’s energy flow
- improves flexibility of our body
- reduces high blood pressure and hypertension
- heals emotional distress
- reduces the effects of ageing
- helps in soothing our tired muscles
- tones and nourishes the skin
- detoxifies our body
- stimulates circulation
- reduces weight and tackles weight-related problems
- reduces insomnia, stress and fatigue
Some of the services that transforms your mind, body and soul into a magical place:
- Swedish Therapy – This traditional therapy incorporates light pressure strokes from toe to forehead, including a face massage. It soothes and relaxes your body and relieves stress.
- Classical Massage - It's a full body massage using gentle to moderate pressure with long relaxing strokes. It calms, soothes and relieves stress; improves circulation and eases muscle aches and ensures sound sleep.
- Deeptissue therapy – It incorporates with various therapeutic techniques and works deeper into the layers of muscle fibers thus releasing stiffness. A perfect pick for those associated with corporate environments and long working hours.
- Aromatherapy - A relaxing massage using a synergistic blend of essential aromatic oils consisting of light pressure strokes & pressure point massage to enhance deep relaxation.
- Postworkout therapy - This therapy uses aromatic blend of oils to rejuvenate the muscular system includes the deep movement & stretching. It relaxes the muscles after a strenuous workout and prepares the body to face the day ahead.
- ThaiMassage - A non oil manipulation of the body muscles using yoga like stretching, kneading as well as exerting pressure along the body's energy channels to help release blockages and soothe tight muscles.
- HotStone therapy - An internationally formulated and acclaimed massage technique using smooth heated basalt stones in water, strategically positioned and massaged on pressure points for immediate relief.
- HandMassage - A fine or gentle pressure therapy for hands using aroma oil blends to facilitate the gentle gliding strokes followed by applying gentle pressure on appropriate points.
- FootMassage - A deep pressure therapy for legs using aroma oil blends to facilitate the deep strokes like effleurage, kneading & acupressure points on feets.
- ThaiFoot Extravaganza - Begins with a foot scrub, followed by an aromatic towel wrap and lavish massage with an herbal cream for your feet.
- HeadMassage - Ayurvedic herbal oils/ Aroma Blends are used to massage on head includes acupressure points on face & head to combat stress/ headache.
- Travelrecovery - A Massage concentrates primarily on back, neck, shoulder & scalp with warm herbal oils.
- BackMassage - This massage uses warm oil with gentle strokes, concentrating primary on the back.
- Bodyscrubs - Ideal for those who want to experience the healing powers of nature for exfoliation to make your skin nourished, hydrated, youthful, glowing & smooth.
- BodyWraps - Body wrap is specially formulated with natural products to stimulate the blood circulation, tighten and nourish the skin, leaving it soft & silky.
Modern-day spas cater to a range of health-promoting experiences. One such health wellness center based in Noida, is Health Village. Health Village is a one of a kind health wellness center aimed at providing an array of health and fitness services under a single roof. The center provides range of SPA services ranging from Swedish therapies to Body wraps. Health Village’s SPA treatments are specially designed to suit the purpose of relaxation and rejuvenation. The vast range of treatments will leave you fresh and ready to face the challenges of everyday life.
For more information and to avail exclusive packages you can visit www.healthvillage.in or call at 99 99 99 88 01/02/03.